Woine Toime

Wine tasting and reviews

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Warburn Estate Gossips Semillon Sauvignon Blanc 2006

My parents had told me that this wine and a red version were all the rage with their friends up in the Northern Rivers of NSW, primarily for it's low price of $4 a bottle. From the Riverina NSW, the bouqet was a soft array of ripe tropical fruit, citruss, smoke and herbs. On the palate it was well balanced, with more tropical fruit, citruss and a pleasing dry minerality and rounded finish. It did lack a little length, but overall I was quite impressed with this well crafted white blend, which could easily compete with more expensive wines. Probably the bargain white of the year so far. Now I only need to source some in Sydney which I hope is the same price.
50+4+13+16+7 = 90/100

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home