Woine Toime

Wine tasting and reviews

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Howard Park Scotsdale Cabernet Sauvignon 2004

I was quite looking forward to having a really good Australian Cab Sav, and went with this one from WA as had heard good reviews about it. The bouquet initially was quite boofy, with tangy bananna aromas, so decanted it, and it did settle down to show berries, currants, chocolate, mocha and some earthiness. On the palate was a big tangy acidity, which for me ruined the experience. I did hope it would abate, but it never really went away, which was dissapointing as there was some nice things happening below it. I ended up abandoning drinking the rest (although Deb was happy to polish it off, citing it was more of a bbq wine) and consoled my self to opening another bottle of NZ Chardonnay. Overall, while I know many people just love big boofy fruity acidic reds, I think they are just stupid and crude. I think a good balsamic has more class. A waste of $35.
50+4+12+12+6 = 84/100

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home