Woine Toime

Wine tasting and reviews

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Domaine Lafond Roc-Epine Côtes du Rhône 2004

Needing a red to discourage my head-cold and send me to sleep, I picked this up gingerly at my local bottle shop. 70% Grenache, 30% Syrah, this wine from Tavel was a dark dirty ruby red, and had a bouquet awash with robust dark cherries and berries, turning to dry pepper and cumin. On the palate it was chewy, sinewy berry fruits, and finished spicy and dry. Tannins were big, but soft enough, reminding me a little of a Cahors red. This was one of the more robust CDR's I have had, and while not overly refined, it had an enjoyable rustic forwardness about it. Perfect in a carafe with a steak I think.
50+4+12+16+7 = 89/100

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home