Woine Toime

Wine tasting and reviews

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Dashwood Pinot Noir 2006

Being on special, I grabbed this wine from Marlborough, but later did worry as it was made by Vavasour Wines, who's Pinot Noir I had tried fairly recently was not quite to my tastes, so to be sure gave this one a bit of a decant. Initially big bouquet of sour cherry fruits, which did abate to show some sap, mulch, earth and some burnt sugar notes. On the palate it wasn't as big as I thought it would be, thankfully, with a medium and balanced body, nice sour cherry fruits, some caramel and earth, and a good length and a soft but assertive finish. Overall this was quite pleasant drinking, and more typical of NZ pinot which I do love.
50+4+13+16+7 = 90/100

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home