Woine Toime

Wine tasting and reviews

Sunday, February 07, 2010

Chateau Carbonnieux 2006

With a whole new bunch of 2006 vintages in store, I find myself compelled to enter another Bordeaux phase, not what I expected to do but should be enjoyable. To make a start went for this Pessac-LĂ©ognan, of which I have enjoyed the Blanc wine occasionally for some years. Opened to a dense and fairly locked bouquet of savoury blackberry, plum, cabernet leaf, clay-earth, oak and a touch of vanilla. The palate is quite solid, with a wall of strong tannins to get past, but underneath it was rich with extracted fruits, good acidity and minerals. I really do think this needs a good 5 years plus in the bottle to see it soften down and express. Still not a bad start.
50+4+12+16+7 = 89+/100

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home